Specialist Care to Meet your needs
Our person centered nursing care approach means that you will be respected as an individual and treated with dignity. All our residents have their own personal care plans, which recognise their individual needs and wishes. The personal care plan also documents all aspects of medical care you need and ensures consistency and continuity of care.
We also ask you, your friends and family to help us complete a ‘map of life’ which is a record of your life history and this we produce as a photoshop album, so we can make sure we really get to know you as a person when you arrive.
We believe passionately that being treated with dignity is a basic human right, not an optional extra. We must be compassionate and person centred as well as efficient. We support Dignity in Care and advocate ‘The Dignity Challenge’ as members of The Social Care Institute of Excellence.
The 10 Point Dignity Challenge
1. Zero tolerance of all forms of abuse.
2. Support people with the same respect you would want for yourself or a member of your family.
3. Treat each person as an individual by offering personalised service.
4. Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control.
5. Listen and support people to express their needs.
6. Respect people’s right to privacy
7. Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution.
8. Engage with family members and carers as care partners.
9. Assist people to maintain confidence and positive self-esteem.
10. Act to alleviate people’s loneliness and isolation.